There are many beautiful and exciting Arizona communities in which to live. Whether you relocate to Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa or surrounding cities, getting settled into a new locale can be stressful. Here’s our “top ten” relocation list to make your transition easy…
- 1. Find a good realtor. Word-of-mouth is one of your best tactics. Ask your employer, friend of a friend, or distant relative if they know anyone. Online resources abound if you lack contacts. Choose a reputable firm (ideally, one that specializes in relocation), and conduct a phone or face-to-face interview to evaluate if there’s chemistry. You’ll be spending a lot of time with your realtor, and you’ll want the connection to feel comfortable
- Locate the good schools, even if you don’t have kids. Real estate values always remain strong where schools are strong.
- Spend time in your community: Consider choosing a long-term rental, so you get a feel for the community you’re considering for relocation before you buy a home. Try to spend time, both day and evening, experiencing your new locale. Go to shops, restaurants, movies, parks, and more.
- Evaluate transportation options. Are there good buses, trains, and taxis if you won’t be driving?
- Establish contacts: If you’re in a long-rental, join a church or temple, professional organization or sports team. Check the Internet or local paper for events, festivals, and things to do. You’ll have fun and learn first-hand through your new contacts about your new community.
- Evaluate hospitals and health care facilities Review proximity to emergency rooms and establish a health care provider for general health care issues before they arise. Have your medical records transferred soon after you move.
- Research the history of your community: Special landmarks, public artworks, historical buildings, and more, take on significance when you learn about their meaning and origins
- Find Fun: Look online or in the local paper or magazines to locate museums, art galleries, sporting events, and nightlife. Participating in local activities will help your new locale feel like home
- Partake in outdoor activities: Phoenix, Scottsdale and surrounding communities are renowned for golf, tennis, and hiking. You’re relocating to an outdoor enthusiast’s playground. Enjoy Arizona!
10. Invite friends and family from back home for a visit. Now that you’re in a renowned resort town, you’ll be surprised how many friends and family members will want to visit!
Browse Westbrook Vacation Rentals stylishly furnished rentals to locate a long term rental to settle into while you scout for the perfect home purchase. Choose from among 2-bedroom condos to large luxury homes throughout all major cities including Scottsdale (both Old Town Scottsdale and north Scottsdale), Phoenix, Glendale, Tempe, Mesa and more.