Who doesn’t love great Mexican food? The Southwest is known for great Mexican restaurants and Phoenix is a great place to find amazing guacamole, burritos, margaritas, etc. Are you hungry yet? Here are the 10 best Mexican restaurants in Phoenix:
1. Barrio Cafe: This restaurant offers extremely spicy selections so be prepared to sweat. The cuisine is authentic South Mexican.
2. Carolina’s Mexican Food Inc. : This family own restaurant has been around for over 40 years. This is not low calorie fare but well worth the calories!
3. Mariscos El Malecon: This place serves up traditional Mexican seafood at an affordable price. Try the grilled sea bass which is a local favorite.
4. Pepe’s Taco Villa: It’s a basic environment with fantastic food. Try the tacos Monterey which features air-dried beef, eggs and chile.
5. Via DeLosantos: Cheap and honest Mexican food. It also has one of the biggest tequila selections around.
6. Tee Pee Mexican Food: Great service, great chimichangas and unlimited chips and salsa. What’s not to love?
7. Carlos O’Brien’s: A sports bar with Mexican bar food. Mexican pizza, great drinks and a comfortable atmosphere makes this a Phoenix favorite.
8. Abuelo’s Mexican Food Embassy: It looks and sounds fancy and expensive but it’s actually very affordable. This gem is known for perfect quesadillas and attentive service.
9. Rito’s Mexican Food: This wins the award for the best hole in the wall Mexican restaurant and offers very traditional cuisine. It’s comfort food Mexican style.
10. Top shelf Mexican Cantina: This is one of the freshest Mexican restaurants around. Chips are made every hour! It’s a lighter option than a lot of other Mexican restaurants so if you’re looking for lard, you won’t find it here.
Whether you want a chimichanga, a margarita, chips and salsa or all of the above, Phoenix has a diverse selection of amazing Mexican restaurants. Enjoy!