Leaving Fido and Fritzy behind while vacationing can be heartbreaking. Sometimes you have to leave them at a kennel and even if you know the people you’re leaving them with, you still worry the whole time you’re gone. It can also be expensive to hire a dog sitter or put them in a kennel. Dogs and cats need vacations too.
Thankfully, there are some great options out there when it comes to taking your pet with you on your vacation. Here are some ideas:
- Camping: There are a lot of pet friendly campsites out there where there are at least specific areas that pets are allowed in.
- The Beach: Let those puppies out! Animals love hanging out at the beach and walking along the boardwalk too.
- Vacation Rentals: Knowing that you have them waiting at home not far away is a great feeling. Westbrook Vacation Rentals has plenty of pet friendly vacation homes.
- Take a Road Trip: Many dogs and cats love at least a brief road trip. Many airplanes also have accommodations but if you’re bringing a large pet you may not be able to bring him on board.
Of course accommodations have to be made when you bring your pets with you on vacation. Here are some things to remember:
- Make sure that they have their shots. They’re going to be around a lot of new people, animals and environments so make sure they’re ready.
- Always clean up. Don’t leave a trail of dog hair and pa-doodle in your path.
- Use a leash. You wouldn’t want your pet running off in an unfamiliar place, hurting anyone or getting in a fight with another dog.
- Take their familiar toys, bowls, leash with you. They want the smell and feel of the stuff they’re used to.
Next time you take a vacation, take your pets. They love vacations as much as people do!