Monday is Labor Day and it’s time to relax and spend time with friends and family. It’s also time to stop wearing white (fashion experts have been arguing over this for years). Whether you’re a local or visiting your Phoenix vacation home, you’re looking for ways to relax and enjoy the Labor Day weekend. Here are some ways to savor your labor-free weekend:
- Phoenix Cooks: Enjoy food from over 50 restaurants and learn cooking tips from the pros today from 10am until 3pm at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa. Tickets are still available and proceed go to benefit the Phoenix Children’s Hospital so it’s for a good cause. It’s also a great place to buy a new egg separator and pretend you know how to use it correctly.
- Grill: It’s a novel concept, but a good one. Get creative this year. Asparagus, shrimp, and portobello mushrooms are all great on the grill. Throw it all together in stir fry or make kabobs. Have fun with it.
- Stay In And Play Board Games: As hot as it is, there’s nothing wrong with staying in and enjoying a little air conditioning. Kids and adults alike love sitting around and playing an old fashioned classic board game. When is the last time you got through an entire game of Monopoly?
- Wet N’ Wild: It’s ridiculously hot out this weekend. Take the family down to the water park. It’s open from 10am – 10pm today and tomorrow. Fireworks and a barbecue are scheduled for the evening. All the cool kids will be there.
- Just Hang Out: Labor Day means not working. Take advantage of your freedom by spending time with your friends and family. Whether you go to the pool, share a meal, or just sit around and talk, it’s nice to feel like you’re on vacation.
Happy labor-free Day!