This December 11th and 12th, book yourself a warm bed at Westbrook Vacation Rentals, use the “Tequila Express” as your designated driver and enjoy Phoenix Tequila Fest worry-free. With exhibitions, education and entertainment this event goes far beyond a Spring Break mentality of taking shots all day long and showcases the diversity and complexity of the tequila culture.
1. Phoenix Tequila Fest Margarita Challenge. For the second year in a row local bartenders will compete for the bragging rights to say they make the best margarita in town. Scottsdale’s own Wyatt Siegal of Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila won the challenge last year. Come out and see if he can defend his title or if a newcomer will walk away victorious.
2. Mexican Food. Drinking on an empty stomach can be dangerous. Luckily, the event organizers have an array of Mexican restaurants on hand to fill your stomach with sustenance. Pair your tequila with tacos, carne asada or simple chips and salsa to keep your head in the tasting game for the entire day.
3. Live Entertainment. This weekend isn’t just about drinking. Your ticket also gets you access to the Christmas Mariachi Festival on Saturday or a performance by Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers. Let the tequila loosen you up to get down and dance the evening away.
4. Infusions. One of the latest trends in tequila is mixing it with other flavors, making it more accessible to a variety of palettes. Let trained mixologists show you how mango, coffee or habenero can compliment a traditional margarita. Why should limes have all the fun?
5. Tequila. While there may be many other events going on, The Phoenix Tequila Fest is theplace to focus on this unique alcoholic beverage. Sample different brands, discover the power of agave and share your passion with distillers, experts and fellow tequila fans. Get your tickets here and sip responsibly.