Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, here’s a round up of some of the best “green” activities in Phoenix. Although the desert seems an unlikely place to host so many eco-friendly Scottsdale attractions, but fun activities abound. From garden tours to recycled art, you’re sure to love these environmentally-focused Scottsdale attractions. Some of the green activities you can do in the Phoenix area include:
- Desert Botanical Garden. View the beauty and splendor of desert plants at the Desert Botanical Garden. Interspersed with the cacti are beautiful glass art pieces by Dale Chihuly, the world-famous artist. From butterfly exhibits to live music performances, the Desert Botanical Garden is one of those Scottsdale attractions you won’t want to miss.
- Louis Lee’s Rock Garden. This eccentric roadside attraction was built up by Louis Lee over the course of his lifetime. What started as a simple home repair project turned into recycled art and he made more and more elaborate walls and arches out of rocks and recycled objects.
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum. Come see the trees of the Sonoran Desert in action at the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. From the glories of autumn in the desert to walking trails perform for getting out and about in the desert, the Boyce Thompson Arboretum is a fantastic place to get into nature.
- Riparian Reserve. The Riparian Reserve offers nature activities of all types, making it one of the best eco-friendly Scottsdale attractions around. You can go on a dino dig, take a guided tour through their garden or go bird-watching with an expert. Children and adults alike will find something at the Riparian Reserve to enjoy.
- Arcosanti. This experimental urban town has been in existence since the 1970s as a way to make urban spaces more eco-friendly. From recycled art to jazz festivals, this small town offers many Scottsdale attractions. They also have speciality tours, including an architecture tour, an agricultural tour and an archaeological tour.
Next time you’re visiting Phoenix, look for one of many green Scottsdale attractions to make your stay more informative and eco-friendly. From learning about the desert to bird watching tours with experts, you’re sure to have a fun and family-friendly green experience.