If you’re planning to visit Scottsdale this spring, you’ll want to read up on the climate of the area. Arizona can get incredibly hot – temperatures that rise above 100 degrees are fairly common in the summer. However, the weather can get fairly chilly at night. Keeping the volatile spring climate in mind can help you decide what to pack next time you visit Scottsdale. Here are a few tips on what to pack for your spring vacation in Phoenix:
- A light sweater or jacket. Even though temperatures are usually between 60 and 80 degrees, you’ll want a light jacket for the nights, which can be colder. Bringing along a jacket of some kind can help stave off the chill of a desert night.
- Tennis shoes. Although flip flops or sandals may seem like a great idea in the heat, the sun will burn the sensitive tops of your feet very quickly. Shoes that cover the top of your feet can help protect you from the sun’s rays.
- Sunscreen. The sun can be brutal when you visit Scottsdale, so make sure to bring along some high-SPF sunscreen and wear it every day. Don’t take the risk of a painful and prolonged sunburn, especially if you’re going to be outside.
- Refillable water bottles. Staying hydrated is important to your health, especially while you’re traveling. Bring along a refillable water bottle to refill in your luxury vacation rental or when you’re out and about.
- Beach towels. If you stay in a luxury vacation rental, towels are typically included. Otherwise, make sure to bring along a couple of beach towels so you can have fun playing in the pool.
- Sunglasses and a hat. Sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun, while a hat will help keep out any excess rays (and protect your head!). Although you may not need to wear both every day, if you’re planning any outdoor activities you’ll definitely want them both on hand.
Make sure you’re comfortable and prepared next time you visit Scottsdale by bringing along some of these essential things. You’ll enjoy your stay at a luxury vacation rental in Scottsdale more if you know you’re prepared.
What would you consider essential to bring on a Scottsdale trip? Share your must-have items with us in the comments!