Scottsdale is the perfect city for the ultimate golf vacation any time of the year. If you’re an avid golfer, you absolutely have to play in Scottsdale – it’s got some of the best courses in the country. Next time you visit Scottsdale to play a round, make sure you follow these tips to ensure that you have the ultimate golf vacation:
- Research courses in the area. Before you book your tickets, think about which courses you’re most interested in. This can help you decide on the rest of your vacation planning, from where you stay to whether or not you need to rent a car.
- Pack your clubs the right way. Nothing would wreck your ultimate golf vacation faster than arriving in Scottsdale only to find your clubs in shambles from the flight. Make sure you pack your clubs away to survive the flight – you may even want to invest in a hard case if you don’t already have one.
- Stay hydrated. When you visit Scottsdale, expect it to be fairly hot and sunny year-round. You’ll need to drink plenty of water, especially if you’re out on the course all day. Dehydrated will put a seriously damper on your golf trip, so make sure you drink plenty of liquids.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Just wearing a hat isn’t enough. It’s rarely cloudy in Scottsdale, which can make it great for playing golf, but not so great for your skin. Don’t cramp your game by getting a sunburn – make sure you have plenty of sunscreen and that you reapply it throughout the day.
- Think about your companions. Are you going with a golfing buddy or are you bringing your family? The people you’re with can make a huge difference. If you’re traveling with your family, make sure you’re perfectly clear about your intentions to golf. Don’t wait until you arrive to tell them you’re planning on being away for at least a day.
- Decide where you’re going to stay. Anybody can stay in a hotel on a vacation – why not treat yourself to some luxury on your ultimate golf vacation and stay in a vacation rental home? There are plenty of options right next to some of Scottsdale’s best golf courses.
Next time you need a break from the daily grind, visit Scottsdale and try out some of their gorgeous golf courses. You’ll love the striking blend of gorgeous desert views and lush green grass.