If you’re going on a family vacation with children, you’re going to need some travel tips for kids. Travel tips for kids can help you make the most of your Scottsdale trip – because nobody wants to be the parent with the whiny, crying children in tow. Learning how to travel with kids can make your entire vacation run more smoothly, so next time you’re taking the family on vacation, try a few of these travel tips for kids:
- Pack a “boredom bag.” Particularly if you’re traveling with young children, holding some toys and books in reserve can be a good idea. A different book or toy may distract your child from long waits and help keep them happy.
- Try not to do too much. Children can be easily overstimulated, so plan your activities out in advance. Even if your child is too old for naps, taking some down time in the afternoon may help them avoid crankiness and temper tantrums later in the day.
- Bring lots of water. It’s crucial to always have water on hand during your Scottsdale trip. Getting dehydrated can derail your entire vacation – so always carry water, and make sure your kids are drinking enough. It can be easy to forget to stay hydrated, since you’re in a new location doing lots of fun things, so monitoring how much your kids are drinking can help them stay healthy.
- Slather on the sunscreen. A sunburn is a sure way to ruin your Scottsdale trip – especially if it’s your child that’s sunburned. Stave off an annoying burn by applying (and reapplying) plenty of sunscreen throughout the day.
- Bring more than you think they’ll need. For any vacation, make sure you bring at least one or two more outfits for your kids than they’ll need. If there’s a pool where you’re staying, pack at least two swimsuits and let one dry while the other one is worn – that way, you can avoid struggling to get your kids into a wet swimsuit.
Kids are a blast to travel with – as long as you make sure you pay attention to their needs. Follow a few of these tips on your next family vacation and it’s sure to be a fun and memorable experience for everyone.