There are so many reasons to visit Scottsdale this November. No matter how you’re looking to get out and have fun in the next 30 days, the city of Scottsdale has it. Here are just a few of the exciting options around town before and after Turkey Day.
1) The Scottsdale Air Fair: The Scottsdale Airport will be buzzing with activity the weekend of November 5th & 6th when the Scottsdale Air Fair returns to town. Showcasing a variety of military and civilian aircraft, aerial displays and a colorful hot-air balloon launch, there’s something for everyone at this annual fall event.
2) Sergio Mendes: The 1992 Grammy Award winner celebrates Hispanic culture with popular Brazilian-style rhythms at the Scottsdale Performing Arts Center the night of November 5th. With over 50 years making music and 35 albums under his belt, Mendes knows how to get audiences grooving in their seats.
3) ArtFest of Scottsdale: The sculpture gardens at the Scottsdale Civic Center Plaza host ArtFest of Scottsdale the weekend of November 19th & 20th. Featuring over 200 local and national artists as well as food and live music, ArtFest of Scottsdale is a great place to shop for handcrafted Christmas gifts.
4) Steppin’ Out with Ben Vereen: Tony Award winner Ben Vereen lights up the Scottsdale Performing Arts Center on November 19th. In “Steppin’ Out,” Vereen tells the story of his life in showbiz through song and dance while mixing in popular Broadway hits and a special tribute to his friend and mentor Sammy Davis Jr.
5) The Capitol Steps: Conservatives and liberals alike will roll with laughter at the political satire offered up by one of Washington D.C.’s top comedy troupes. The Scottsdale Performing Arts Center hosts this annual Thanksgiving weekend visit with three performances November 25th & 26th.
November is an amazing time to visit Scottsdale. So don’t eat too much turkey. If you nod off on the couch in a tryptophan-induced funk, you just might miss one of the many great things that the city of Scottsdale has to offer.