Whether you vacation in AZ during the Easter holiday for business or for pleasure, you’ve gotta make sure the kiddies have a good time. And what do kids like best this time of year? Easter egg hunts, of course. For your family, the egg hunt might be an annual tradition back home, but who knew you could enjoy one while on the road? Here are a few egg hunts happening around Phoenix and the city of Scottsdale this April.
- Egg-cellent Spring/Easter Event. This egg hunt takes place at the Deer Valley Community Center on April 5th from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., and it’s for kids 18 months to five years old only. Admission is free. This event also includes snacks and crafts, and the Easter Bunny will be there for pictures.
- Dino Egg Hunt Egg-stravaganza. Come to the Arizona Museum of Natural History in Mesa on April 6th from 6 to 8 p.m. for the 4th Annual Dino Egg Hunt Egg-stravaganza, an experience that will be both educational and fun for the kids. Admission is $7 for adults and $4 for kids age 3 to 17, but it’s free with a museum membership. If you love natural history – and if you want to learn about the cultural history of the Southwest – your vacation in AZ isn’t complete until you check out the exhibits.
- Dolly Sanchez Memorial Easter Egg Hunt. Featuring food and fun activities, this egg hunt happens on April 6th from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Peoria Sports Complex. Admission and parking are free with a donation of canned food for St. Mary’s Food Bank.
- Apache Junction Easter Egg Hunt. This April 7th, the search is on for the 6,000 eggs hidden here at Apache Junction. The hunt starts at 9 a.m., but there’s also a pancake breakfast at 7:30. The egg hunt is free, and the breakfast is free with a donation. Prizes are awarded for eggs with tokens inside.
- Spring Eggstravaganza. Search for over 50,000 eggs filled with candy and toys at this incredible egg hunt. The hunt is divided into age groups, the first beginning at 10 a.m on April 7th. The Eggstravaganza will be held at the Surprise Recreation Campus Kansas City Practice Fields. Activities will be provided, but children should bring their own baskets.
While on your vacation in AZ this Easter, don’t forget the yearly egg hunt ritual – because if you mess this one up, the kids will get cranky, and no one wants that. More information on all egg hunts can be found at this website. Egg hunts are fun for the whole family, and they’re sure to put smiles on the kids’ faces.